Monday 11 April 2011

Journal Entry #4

If you had to choose one of the characters to be your friend who would you choose and why?

If I had to choose one of the characters to be my friend I would probably choose Cinna. Cinna was Katniss’s designer and in my opinion one of the most honest and sincere characters in the book. Both qualities I look for in a friend.
Cinna: “When you’re asked a question, find me, and answer it as honestly as possible.”
Katniss: “Even if what I think is horrible?”
Cinna: “Especially if what you think is horrible.” (pg.124)

This quotes shows how comforting and loving Cinna is as well. In my opinion, Cinna is one of the only characters that is kind, compassionate and truthful. Not only is he an amazing designer but also he’s very down to Earth. He chose to design for district 12 to show his talents rather then wanting to go for district one or two like the rest of the designers. Cinna is one of Katniss’s only true friends going into the games and I can see why they would be friends. Cinna is honest, kind, loving, and genuine. Which is why he would be my friend.